This is one of the recipes featured in the #planetaryhealthchallenge. It is made by Even Rosted, the chef at Norwegian restaurant KUTT Gourmet. The restaurant is located at the University of Oslo and serves cheap lunch made from leftover food. To find similar recipes click here.
Serves: 2 portions
Time: approx. 20 minutes
200 g chicken fillet or tofu
1 tbsp neutral oil
½ red pepper
1 tbsp red curry paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp fish sauce
1 can coconut milk
Fresh coriander or thai basil
2,5 dl jasmin rice
If you have other vegetables available, throw them in! This dish is meant as a base for leftover food. Use whatever you have at home.
1. Cut the vegetables into small strips, and fry them quickly for 1-2 minutes in a hot pan. Put the fried vegetables aside.
2. Cut the chicken fillet in thin slices.
3. Fry the curry paste in the pan for 30 seconds.
4. Add sugar, fish sauce and coconut milk.
5. Let it boil and add the chicken slices. Boil everything until it’s cooked through.
6. Add the vegetables and decorate with fresh coriander or thai basil
7. Boil rice as directed on the package.